Artist Quotes


I wished to go completely outside and to make a symbolic start for my enterprise of regenerating the life of humankind within the body of society and to prepare a positive future in this context.
::: Joseph Beuys :::

Whether I'm painting or not, I have this overweening interest in humanity. Even if I'm not working, I'm still analyzing people.
::: Alice Neel :::

When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time.
::: 
Cy Twombly :::

It takes a long time for a man to look like his portrait.
::: James McNeill Whistler :::

All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness.
::: Eckhart Tolle :::

I'm painting an idea not an ideal. Basically I'm trying to paint a structured painting full of controlled, and therefore potent, emotion.
::: Euan Uglow :::

I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso.
::: Diego Rivera :::

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::

At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important.
::: M.C. Escher :::


I am essentially a painter of the kind of still life composition that communicates a sense of tranquillity and privacy, moods which I have always valued above all else.
::: Giorgio Morandi :::

A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.
::: William Dobell :::

The holy grail is to spend less time making the picture than it takes people to look at it.
::: Banksy :::

To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.

::: Giorgio de Chirico :::

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
::: 
John Lennon :::

The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt.
::: Bono :::

There's no retirement for an artist, it's your way of living so there's no end to it.
::: Henry Moore ::: 


You come to nature with all her theories, and she knocks them all flat.
::: Renoir :::


I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.
::: Mark Rothko :::


Painting is so poetic, while sculpture is more logical and scientific and makes you worry about gravity.
::: Damien Hirst :::


Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.
::: Rumi :::


The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.
::: Michelangelo :::


Believe it or not, I can actually draw.
::: Jean Michel Basquiat :::


Man can't do without God. Just like you're thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can't go without God.
::: Bob Marley :::


O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives.
::: Jim Morrison :::



Komentar

Postingan Populer